Tuesday, February 13, 2007

"Embrace your weirdness" week!


I took this survey to see how normal I was on Michelle's sight and I came out 45% normal and they said...
While some of your behavior is quite normal...
Other things you do are downright strange
You've got a little of your freak going on
But you mostly keep your weirdness to yourself
How Normal Are You?

I've always had a weirdness. I thought it was just a phase I would go through but I never could quite shake it. We all go through it, I'm sure. I wondered if I was normal, if I ever measured up, if anyone would ever like me, if anyone out there ever feels the same. We all have quirkiness, but I really do think it's a beautiful thing, don't you? I think we all need to embrace it.

EMBRACE YOUR WEIRDNESS WEEK: IN LIGHT OF VALENTINE'S DAY!

Being this week is Valentine's week, let us all be good to ourselves and embrace our wonderful weirdness. I am going to embrace it by telling you some wierd things about myself, I expect you to do the same, I wanna hear five weird things about you!

1. I enjoy picking my nose (with toilet paper, of course) when no one is looking
2. I sing the national anthem in the shower on a regular basis, I'm just warming up for my debut someday.
3. I am so embarrassed of my chubby toes
4. I make back-up plans for every kind of situation (used to be out of fear, now it's just habit)
5. One of my favorite things to do is to eat ice cold fudge bars in the hot steamy shower.

14 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

Hi, Julie. I hopped over from Sara's blog... what kind of natural dishwasher soap are you using that does a better job? Would love to know!

Julie Luse said...

Hey ll barkat, I can't believe you didn't leave five weird things about yourself :), I guess I'll let you fly. The dishwasher soap I've been using is called ECOVER, Ecological Automatic Dishwasher Tablets. No phosphates, no chloride, no chemical residue. I bought it at Wild Oats or Whole Foods, but they also have a website, www.ecover.com. Enjoy friend! :)
Julie

Brinker Business said...

Here it goes ...5 Weird Things About Michelle

1. I too sing in the shower but I prefer to sing Somewhere Over The Rainbow.
2. I like to drink the pickle juice from the jar after the pickles are gone.
3. I can't stand it when people sit on the newspaper, or when dry skin touches newspaper, or people rub tennis balls on the carpet.
4. I love to sit in the car with the heat on really high until my face gets all red because it is that hot.
5. My ears stick out and that bugs me alot. I don't know if other people notice them as much as I do though. My teeth are crooked and that bugs me too. I have a scar on the back of my right leg so my fat isn't the same on the back of my legs and that too bugs me.

There, now you know more about me than you wanted to. I am truly weird.

Julie Luse said...

Wow! You guys are weird. Awesomely weird :). And obviously the only ones courageous enough to talk about on-line, thanks for participating!

A Gorgeous Home said...

Limiting this to 5 might be hard, but here it goes. Justina's weirdness:
1. I have a bad habit of pulling out my eyelashes and brows
2. As soon as I get in the car with my husband after being in a refined social setting (or any setting with people) I almost always break out into loud abnoctious song (usually accompanied by screaming and dancing)
3. I love drinking "limies". That's fresh squeezed limes mixed with crushed ice and salt. Very sour, very salty, VERY good.
4. The slightest touch of velvet gives me shivers and makes me feel all goose-bumpy
5. I think my farts smell good

Julie Luse said...

Justina, thanks for that beautiful dose of weirdness! That should keep me giggling for the next few days!
Can't wait to read more of your blogs!
:)

Anonymous said...

Ok, in that pic of you, the one that shows up on your comments....you totally look like Dena from WHat About Brian! Is that her? Or you? It really looks like her!

This is the first time I'vebeen here, and I am totally loving your blog! I'm adding you to my bloglines, so I can read you everytime you post!!!

Josh Luse said...

You definitely look like that girl from "what about brian" only your prettier. You've got a great blog going here babe.
1. I was born in an apartment (I believe it had orange shag carpet).
2. I often get punched at night for grinding my teeth, by my wife. Yes I've tried every type of mouth guard, they only end up in random parts of the room come morning time.
3. I do a lot of blogging (in my head)
4. I also enjoy pickle juice, but nothing tops green bean juice.
5. My second toe is my longest toe, I think it's a Luse thing.

L.L. Barkat said...

All right, here are some weirdnesses...

http://seedlingsinstone.blogspot.com/2007/01/tagged.html

Let me know if you want anything weirder than this! :)

Kim's Life said...

Love the photo. I for sure have a lot of weidness going on. Nothing wrong with being a little weird.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I am 55% normal. Sounds about right, maybe!? I also am CONSTANTLY making back up plans for every situation. How do I stop this? It's almost OCD...

5 Weird Things About Me can be read here.

And also, if you have the chance, be sure to stop by & participate in a Photo Tag of Your Mom here!

Unknown said...

Julie,

I am a little slow, but finally got around to reading your site.
You are funny.. Bridget

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie,

I found you via Sara's blog. What a great subject. You should feel proud, you are a bit more normal than I. I ranked in as:

You Are 30% Normal
You sure do march to your own beat...
But you're so weird, people wonder if it's a beat at all
You think on a totally different wavelength
And it's often a chore to get people to understand you

Talk about a weirdo! So here are 5 of the weird things about me:

1. Sometimes when I get really excited and home alone I run around the house and let out high pitched screams.
2. I enjoy clipping my toe nails.
3. Chili with Cinnamon rolls-best combination ever! (if no cinnamon rolls, an open faced PbJ sandwich will do)
4. I plug my ears when I'm rinsing my hair in the shower, but not when I swim.
5. I think outloud A LOT...some people would say I talk to myself...

There ya go, have fun pondering over these weirdnesses.

Becca Lucas (was Thomas)

Travis Lucas is my husband.

Pfingston said...

I did this quiz . . 60% normal . . LOL!